Stuck In Beirut

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Vacation Cancelled

Well, it seems these guys have more patience than I do. They want to keep fighting. The situation is not getting any better. All roads out of Beirut to Syria have come under attack. Some are still passable, but at great risk.
The US is coming to the rescue. Not of Lebanon, but at least of the Lebanese Americans. Rumors are flying about the timing and means of the evacuation from Beirut. Most likely to Cyprus, so we are keeping an eye on our e-mail and an ear on the telephone, hoping to hear something soon.
The kids are very disappointed that we are cutting our vacation short. I just hope that all will go well in the next couple of days. We can always go on another vacation.
I am getting a lot of e-mails from friends and family back in the US. Those short notes mean a lot to us and really make us feel that people care about our safety and care about our safe return. I hope I will be able to adequately express my thanks to them when I see them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home