Stuck In Beirut

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The beauty of the Internet and Cyber Cafe

It seems help is finally on the way, but I still don't have any details beyond what I read in the papers and receive via e-mail. So I am making my own alternate arrangements which is not an easy task. I decided to follow what ever materializes first, so hopefully we will on our way back home soon. My sister left yesterday and finished the first leg of her trip safely.
I am sad to report that my brother-in-law's aunt passed away earlier today. I spoje with him and offered my condolences. He correctly stated that it is a loss for everybody.
I started receiving many comments on this blog site. Its really amazing. Total strangers are wishing me a safe trip home and praying for my safe return. People who support Israel are expressing their simpathy,offering their solutions and making their own predictions. The most amazing part is people commenting on other people's comments and getting into mini arguments. I also really appreciate all those who have taking the time to write and let me know they miss us. A good friend at work has been trying to convince me to do this for a while. We debate middle-east affairs at work. Unfortunately it took a huge event like this to get me going. Its actually very therapeutic to be able to put your thoughts and worries into words at the end of the day. Its also amazing that I can sit in front of a computer, on the sidewalk outside a cyber cafe in the mountains of Lebanon and communicate with people from all over the world with various backgrounds and diverging views. Hopefully I will re-visit these notes after I get back home and laugh at my own political comments and predictions.
In the meantime, I will continue to pray for a peaceful end to this tragedy, the safe return of all hostages and the return of the Lebanon I love and care for.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home