Stuck In Beirut

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mission Accomplished?

We made it home yesterday. We are tired, but safe and consider ourselves very lucky. Our thoughts are still with the friends and family members we left behind and we pray that they will make it out safely as well. My thanks go to all of you who wished us luck and prayed for our safe return. I am also thankful that I work for a company and a manager who really believe that the safety of an employee comes before anything else. The reaction to our ordeal has been overwhelming and trully humbling. People whom I haven't spoken to in several years found ways to reach out to us and ask about our well-being. I came to the office today and found yellow ribbons everywhere and a huge welcome home banner above my office door. By the way, it felt comforting to actually fight traffic at 6:30 in the morning. Finally, thanks to many encouraging comments, I will keep this blog going for a while (under the same name because our mind and spirit are still in Beirut) and I plan to post a step-by-step account of everything we went through over the next few days, so please stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home